Complete My 5 Pack
Complete My 5 Pack
Join Leigh Stewart and Alex Blefari for a 5 part morning workshop series to rejuvenate the body's systems in a half flow / half yin class with hot stones, aromatherapy and guided meditation. Each Saturday, we will explore a different system of the body (reproductive, immune, excretory, nervous, & endocrine) with accompanying essential oils, hot stones and yin postures to promote health, balance and harmony within the body.
This hour and a half workshop takes place at The Center SF on Saturday mornings from 9-10:30am on the following dates:
Yintigrate Create: January 6th 2018
- Body system focus - reproductive system
- Asana (body work) - fluid yin flow with a focus on the hips to tap into the sacral chakra that provides an outlet to birth new ideas and life. Our practice will culminate with yin-versions to expand the creative energy out of the body and into the universe.
- Meditation - expansion meditation using shanmukti and ganesha mudras to cultivate trust and activate the power of shifting inward. This class will begin with intention setting and visualization for the new year.
- Pranayama (breathing) - alternate nostril to balance the two hemispheres of the brain and body (yin/yang, masculine/ feminine, creative/analytical, subtle/expressive). This breath works on flowing energy from one side of the body to the other, and if done properly and practiced regularly, can successfully release 70-80% of toxins in the body.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils for balancing hormones and increasing the vitality of the glands.
Yintigrate Support: February 3rd 2018
- Body system focus - immune system
- Asana (body work) - Postures to stimulate the thymus, the body's center for immunity boosting, through heart opening postures and restorative asanas with extended holds to reduce cortisol production in the body.
- Meditation - finding peace and self-compassion within, through compassion circle meditation, so you can better bring peace and share compassion with others.
- Pranayama (breathing) - centering breath exercise following the breath along the meridian of the body. Creates a sense of grounding for peace.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils enhance feelings of compassion and create a sense of balance within.
Yintigrate Fluidity: March 3rd 2018
- Body system focus - excretory system
- Asana (bodywork) - twist and twist some more. This class will dive deeply into a variety of twisting yin postures to build the heat necessary to eliminate through sweat and the depth needed to aid digestion.
- Meditation - spaciousness meditation to promote abundance and the ability to let go.
- Pranayama (breathing) - breath of fire, a rapid, heat-producing breath that detoxifies your body leaving your cells feelings awakened and refreshed.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils to support detoxification of harmful environmental pathogens and internal infections/ parasites.
Yintigrate Calm: March 31st 2018
- Body system focus - nervous system
- Asana (bodywork) - targets fight of flight muscle groups in the body, mainly the quadriceps as well as chest openers, connecting the body's increased vulnerability and fearlessness with the calming of the nervous system. The asana portion of this class will explore a trauma-informed approach to movement.
- Meditation - infinit hand mudra meditation
- Pranayama (breathing) - 3 part yogic breath (belly breathing) proven to better oxygenate cells and decrease symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils to eliminate stress, reduce insomnia, reduce high blood pressure and bring a sense of peace into the body.
Yintigrate Balance: May 5th 2018
- Body system focus - endocrine system
- Asana (bodywork) - yin-versions, inner/interactive postural chanting and an extended yoga nidra to close will support the health of the hypothalamus. Chest and throat openers will explore the mingling of the vagus nerve with the health of the hypothalamus.
- Meditation - giving and receiving gesture meditation.
- Pranayama (breathing) - belly breathing with retention to increase lung capacity and create a sensation of euphoria.
- Oil essence - therapeutic grade essential oils to reduce anxiety and stress and bring a sense of balance from within.
Interested in bringing this event to your workplace or community? Contact us to learn about bringing this series to you.