Ignite Your Business
Saturday June 9th 9am-6pm
Almonte Center, Mill Valley
Early Bird Tuition: $850 before April 15th 2018
Regular Tuition: $1150
Are you a certified yoga instructor looking to jump-start your business practice, reignite a long-held career or accelerate your new certification into a successful business?
After surging into a certification we can feel at a loss for what to do, how to proceed and how to successfully market ourselves to the world with unique vision and style.
This day-long retreat will equip you with a full press kit of new media: 6-10 professional photos of you that can be used for digital and print marketing, launching your social media or website and carrying you forward into your unique vision.
You will learn the ins and outs of executing a profitable business as a teacher: How to host a retreat without draining your inner and outer resources, inspire a consistent practice and relationship with your students and develop your business into the most materially and spiritually abundant relationship to you. Whether you are a newly certified teacher or an E-RYT-500 expert, we look forward to reigniting your business in all modalities.
Sign up now to join us for a beautiful day in the redwood forests of Marin County.
In Ignite Your Business you will receive:
- A full media kit of 6 professional shots for ads, websites and social media
- Conscious Mapping: The Business of Yoga Workshop
- How to financially plan and host classes, workshops and retreats for the most profit
- Selecting Spaces: Rentals and studio partnerships
- Website Development Strategies: Leveraging your online presence
- Defining Your Vision: Creative exploration through vision-boarding
- Hosting workshops and retreats: Strategies for success
- Cultivating Connections: Networking 101
- Philanthropic Endeavors: Harnessing the power of sacred geometry
*This day-long retreat is book-ended by two asana workshops to cultivate spaciousness in the body and conscious creativity in the way you relate to launching your yoga career. Vision Embodied: An opening practice to channel ideas and tap into your intuitive spirit and Empowerment Activated: A closing movement practice and ceremony.
**This course provides 9 Elective Contact Hours for YGSF’s 300 Hour Program
YGSF Alumni: 15% off the regular price of this workshop.
For Elective Contact Hours, register here.
Saturday August 25th 12-5pm & August 26th 2-6pm
Yoga Garden, San Francisco
Early Bird Tuition: $185 before August 11th 2018
Regular Tuition: $200
This weekend-long kids teacher training with Leigh provides background on ways we as educators can use language, set up spaces and offer outlets for community among youth.
Whether you are a yoga teacher, classroom teacher, parent, or youth advocate, this workshop will provide creative ways to integrate yoga-based movement with trauma sensitivity in mind into classrooms and classes for youth.
We will explore the physical manifestations of trauma in the body and delve into the research that backs a movement-based approach to healing. The core of this weekend will provide practical postures, activities and games that are sensitive to the trauma students may have.
We will spend time experiencing movement sequences and games and activities ourselves, then practice weaving in trauma-informed language into our teaching. Additionally, we will explore ways to integrate self-care rituals into teaching practices. You'll leave our time together with a printed toolkit for integrating trauma-informed yoga into your work with children and teens, a guide to teaching with a dedication to self-care practices, and experience teaching among a community of dedicated teachers.
Throughout our weekend you'll learn:
- Defining your philosophy: How we teach defines what we teach
- Appropriate guidelines for functional speech, language and touch
- Kids Anatomy 101: Applying anatomy to trauma-informed approaches
- Anatomy of a Classroom: Shapes for student success
- Safe Sequencing
- The power of the Do Now
- Breathing activities for transformation
- Trauma-informed yoga-based movement: Cuing and curating your classes to meet the needs of your students
- Community building through movement
- Integrating Play: Group games & partner poses
- Mindfulness Informed Arts Integration
- Holding the space as a teacher: Classroom management
This training is open to RYT's for continuing hours, educators, parents and youth advocates.
For more information on upcoming events, training and opportunities to bring yoga-based practices for youth to your space, contact us.